Monday, December 10, 2007

Just an update


Well, the yard is still a busy, busy place. 32 species recorded in just one day! This is the 4th day in a row that the yellow-rumped warblers have visited the yard. Actually, they're not visiting, they are staying. They were the first birds in the yard this morning and the last ones to leave tonight. We saw the bewick's wren today for the first time in about 2 months. I thought he had moved somewhere else, but I guess not. There are a 2 or 3 new sounds around the neighborhood but we haven't been able to pin point what they are yet. We are not very experienced in birding by ear but we know that they are definitely new sounds. I have noticed a lot more lessers in the yard over the last few days, too. We normally get quite a few as it is, but, there are quite a few more now.


I absolutely love being a birder. Everyday is so exciting. Everyday could bring you a new species or a beautiful variant or an irruptive flock of...anything! Very exciting. I used to think that a lot of things were exciting. Drinking, gambling, golf, online gaming, etc. I didn't have a clue. I might have enjoyed those things but I sure as heck didn't love 'em. But I'll tell you what. I sure do love those birdies!


Have a great birding day.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: