Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Just an update

First, I called the Audubon Society to see how little #92 (our injured Pine Siskin) was doing. They said he's doing great! Eating and maintaining his weight, moving around a lot and in the next couple of days, they will move him to a rehab cage so that he can have more room and exercise his broken wing. Good for him!


Still on the lookout for those wrentits. A fellow OBOLer is going to come over and do his great imitation of the wrentit. I guess he has had quite a bit of success calling these little guys out. So, we are crossing our fingers!

Other than that, it's been pretty normal in the yard. The Varied thrush and the Spotted Towhee seem to be getting more comfortable in the yard. They are getting closer and closer to the house and don't immediately fly off when we go into the yard. It's nice to see them up close.

I've posted a few photos taken recently (hopefully soon, we will be getting a much better camera). Most of the better photos on this site were taken with my sister's camera. We just have a little 3 megapixel, 3x optical zoom guy. I would love something with 12x or even 18x optical zoom! I'd be a pic snapping fool. Wishing you all the best and good birding!







Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Here birdy birdy birdy!!" Haha. Tee hee. Right up there with gobble gobble gobble.

sandy said...

Oh...great shots and I enjoy reading your commentaries along with the pics. Will be interested to see if your friend "called" them to the yard.

I love the goldfinches and at one time I can have 10 on the nyger sock and several more in the pots. They are so colorful and pretty.

s